ATLANTA — There’s but three days until Michigan takes on Florida in Mercedes-Benz Stadium, and thus, the Wolverines took the field on the turf where the Atlanta Falcons play on Wednesday in preparation.
WolverinesWire got to take in the first fifteen minutes of practice, and captured several quick moments on video, and had some quick observations.
- Most impressive thing I saw (which I sadly didn’t capture) was a ridiculous one-handed catch by Donovan Peoples-Jones as he was running an out-route. The ball was very slightly overthrown, and DPJ fully extended his left arm and pulled in the catch with one hand. It was as impressive of a catch as I’ve ever seen.
- The running backs rotation seems to be in this order: Chris Evans, Tru Wilson, Christian Turner, Berkley Edwards, Hassan Haskins.
- For the first time that I’ve seen, first-year tight end Mustapha Muhammad was in uniform. He was held out with injury all year.
- A few walk-on notes: first-year QB Kyle Grady is playing at WR (that’s been going on for some time). QB Max Wittmer is here and practicing (as Harbaugh confirmed on Monday).
- As we confirmed (and knew this going in) RT Juwann Bushell-Beatty has elected to sit out the Peach Bowl and did not travel with the team. Along with Devin Bush Jr., Karan Higdon and Rashan Gary, those are the four sitting out. Everyone else traveled, per a team spokesman.
- Dylan McCaffrey was present in a red shirt and no pads, but looked to be involved.