Connect with us

Michigan Wolverines

5-star CB Dwight McGlothern to visit Wolverines

Michigan football has worked a lot on the 2020 recruiting class and Thursday, one of the top corners, Dwight McGlothern said he planned to visit UM.

While there is still time to add to the 2019 recruiting class, Michigan football seems more focused on 2020 and one player the Wolverines have an interest in is five-star cornerback Dwight McGlothern.

McGlothern is one of the top overall prospects in the 2020 class. The 6-foot-1 defensive back is rated as the No. 4 player in the state of Texas and the fourth-best corner in the country in 2020 according to the 247 sports composite rankings.

Michigan football hasn’t had a huge recruiting presence in the Lone Star State recently, however, McGlothern announced the schools he was planning to visit Thursday on Twitter and the Wolverines ended up making the list along with Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, Penn State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and Oregon.

Even though it may be early in the recruiting process, 247 sports is projecting that McGlothern will end up going to Texas A&M. The Aggies own 89 percent of his crystal ball predictions, while the other 11 percent sits with LSU.

However, visits can make a big difference with certain players and the fact that McGlothern still plans to visit 10 elite programs could mean there is a still a long way to go in the process.

McGlothern has taken unofficial visits to both A&M and Alabama and he also got a visit from Nick Saban himself back on Jan. 16. Michigan football actually offered McGlothern back in July of 2017 and was one of the first schools to do so, but since around that time, McGlothern has had offers coming in left and right.

His attachment to Texas A&M has been clear from the beginning as he has attended multiple camps there and taken more than one unofficial visit. New head Jimbo Fisher and his staff seem to have a good rapport with McGlothern and trying to make headway with him could be difficult.

At the same time though, if he’s willing to visit the campus in Ann Arbor then Michigan football must still have some chance. And with a long way to go before the 2020 early signing period, a lot can change.

Next: Michigan football’s top 10 bowl wins

For now, the Wolverines should be content that they are still listed among the top-10 teams and one of the schools that still have a shot to sway highly-touted corner.



Source Link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Michigan Wolverines